Wednesday, December 13, 2006

He died at 3:30 a.m.

My mentor died, fittingly, at 3:30 a.m. on Monday at age 92. I feel no sadness, only a deep sense of admiration and thankfulness, for Seth taught me, more than anything else, a passion to search the Scriptures in a relentless quest to know the Living Christ. He has marked me so deeply that as long as I have breath to teach, his words will live on and his passion for global evangelism will spread. I feel no sadness, but a significant obligation. My first book was dedicated to Seth with these simple words: "There are still giants in the land." He has now gone to the Lord he served so well, leaving me with the question, "Are there still giants in the land?" Will I ever rise to his superlative humility in service? Will I ever care as much about knowing the Bible? Will I ever sacrifice myself in such single-minded devotion? I feel no sadness, but his death haunts me deeply.

3 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Jon Weece quoted him this past weekend in his message. As you said, his influence continues...

December 13, 2006 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Stephen Lawson said...

my dad has a good post on his blog about seth.

http://adorate.blogspot.com/2006/12/passing-of-unprofitable-servant.html

Though I hardly knew him, Seth truly influenced me greatly. He taught and impassioned my greatest teacher, my dad.

December 14, 2006 at 1:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was able to attend the funeral service for Seth in the Ozark Chapel and it was a worshipful experience. The messages were great, but also the spirit of the room in thinking and reflecting on the life of Seth Wilson. I learned a lot about a man who made handouts that are still being passed out in Ozark classrooms. It was an honor to be there, and celebrate the life of a man so committed to God.

January 14, 2007 at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home